'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'
I thank God for this change of season. After the long cold winter I sit outside and feel the warmth of the sun on my face and I feel renewed. I look forward to outdoor tasks and activities with a new sense of purpose. My days are longer and my load feels lighter.
God directs us to reach out and help others and by doing so we glorify him. So perhaps this is the perfect time to renew our commitment to others. Here are just a few ways we can fulfill this mission:
- Take someone who no longer drives for a ride, or shopping, or out for ice cream.
- Plant flowers for someone who can’t.
- Donate food and personal care items to the Food Pantry or the Personal Care Pantry at Trinity.
- Volunteer for Food of Faith.
- Clean out your closets and donate those items to the Salvation Army.
- Invite someone who is lonely to dinner
God Bless You.